...THIS PAGE WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED (10-1-14)...

Please visit our Facebook page for the most up-to-date book schedule and lists.



Welcome to our list of books! Please feel free to leave your comments here, or join the discussion at our monthly meeting. We look forward to your insight. Happy reading!

Book club schedule 2014

  • Jan - The Satanic Verses, by Salman Rushdie - Kim
  • Feb - The Gargoyle, by Andrew Davidson
  • Mar - Damned, by Chuck Pahlniuk - Cie
  • Apr - I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban, by M Alala - Sherri
  • May - The Twentieth Wife, by Indu Sundaresan- Priya
  • June - Princess Bride, by William Goldman - Robyn
  • July - Breakfast at Tiffany's, by Truman Capote - Candace
  • Aug - The Aviator's Wife, by Melanie Benjamin - Candace
  • Sept - The Myth of Me and You, by Leah Stewart - Beth
  • Oct - The Painted Veil, by W. Somerset Maugham - Liz
  • Nov - An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year-Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with Destiny, by Laura Schroff - Wendy
  • Dec - NOS4A2, by Joe Hill - Vanessa
  • Jan 2015 - Kate - TBD
  • Feb - The Lie, by - Nicole ParĂ©
  • Mar - Michelle - TBD
  • June - Robyn - TBD

Each book discussion will be held at 7:00 on the last Thursday of the month at either the book host's home or at our favorite local restaurant; host's choice.




Comments on Falling Man, by Don DeLillo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I won't be able to make the meeting on Thursday but would love to know what you all thought of this book. A couple of times in the middle I considered not finishing the book but felt compelled to go on. It seemed so sad, that the main charachter, Keith, was spared from death at the towers yet seemed to go on to a "living death" never being able to find purpose in life again.I guess I expected the typical, "my life was saved for the greater good" and I didn't see that in these characters at all. Made me wonder what life really is like for those who lived through that horrendous day.

litlister said...

I have so many different emotions about this book that I'm not sure there's enough space here :). I was leary reading it for fear of such an emotional topic. Once I got into it, I was waiting for something, even hoping for something that would jar the characters, and me, out of that fog they were in. It all felt disingenous to me. I can't imagine that something as tragic and unimaginable as 9/11 wouldn't evoke some sort of tirade, breakdown, depression, something, anything! It wasn't until the last few pages where the author detailed Keith's experience did I feel any sense of humanity. Too little too late. I feel the author owed it to the real survivors of 9/11, and his readers, something more.